"They don't call me The Main Man for nothing!"
Lobo is a DLC character in Injustice: Gods Among Us. He is the first DLC character and is a Power Character. He was released on May 7th at a cost of $4.99, or free to those with a Season Pass, as well as buying the Ultimate Edition of Injustice.
The last of the Czarnians, a result of Lobo slaughtering every other Czarnian in existence, Lobo now serves as an intergalactic bounty hunter. Whatever you do, don't mention his purple and orange suit.
Lobo makes his debut in the first Annual of the Injustice comic series.
Lobo is hired by Darkseid to kill Superman in retaliation for his ruthless execution of Kalibak. Lobo makes his way to Earth on his hog, tearing through the Watchtower on his arrival. Lobo goes to Metropolis, but is surprised to find the city completely destroyed. When Superman arrives, Lobo explains he was going to go on a destructive streak to get his attention but says, "Someone beat me to it."
Lobo then explains that Superman has a bounty on his head for his murder of Kalibak, which Lobo grins at and declares "Bad ass." When Superman asks if he's here to collect his bounty, Lobo tells him he's here to see if he's worth the trouble. After an intense staredown, Superman flies off, enraging Lobo who declares, "No one flies away from th' Main Man!" and he throws an entire building at Superman in retaliation.
Annoyed, the Man of Steel rises up unharmed and snatches Lobo by his jacket before flying them both into outer space and as close to the sun as possible. Superman drags a steaming Lobo back to Earth, explaining that while he can regenerate from a single drop of blood, there wouldn't be even that if he was tossed into the sun. Lobo decides Superman isn't worth the trouble for what "they're offerin'". After Superman studies him for a moment, he asks Lobo if he's one of the best manhunters in the galaxy.
Lobo responds, "No. I'm the best manhunter in the galaxy." Superman tells Lobo he has a job for him and tells him he wants him to hunt down Harley Quinn. Lobo agrees and tells Superman he needs something with her scent. Superman then leads Lobo to the Hall of Justice where Harley's old costume is on display. Lobo comments on this, saying, "You superheroes always keep th' crappiest trophies." Superman responds that he doesn't wanna know what kind of trophies Lobo keeps.
Lex Luthor approaches the two, questioning Superman about Lobo's presence. Annoyed by Lex's tone, Lobo grabs him by the neck and threatens him, though he backs down when Superman threatens to take him on another 'trip'. Lobo then notices the pill Lex is carrying and snatches it, demanding to know what it is. After Lex explains what the pill can do, Lobo decides he wants it as his payment for hunting Quinn. Though both Lex and Superman are unsure if the pill would even work on Lobo, the Main Man could care less, saying, "Maybe it does nothin'. Maybe I get to headbutt the moon in half."
Superman lets him keep the pill before asking him if he can get Harley's scent from her mask. Lobo agrees, explaining he can smell her insanity as well, though Lex finds this incredulous, but Lobo is quick to point out how nervous Lex smells. Superman then tells Lobo Harley was last seen in Gotham and tells him he wants her alive, with no collateral damage and no civilian deaths. Lobo growls, "You're takin' all th' fun outta this." before leaving for Gotham.
In Gotham, Lobo easily locates Harley in the sewers of the city, and is annoyed when she doesn't recognize him. She attempts to attack him with her hammer but the weapon smashes on contact with his head and he easily captures her. As he secures her hands, he compliments her for hiding in the sewers to escape Superman's senses but clarifies that, "No one hides from th' Main Man." and takes off on his hog with Harley on the back.
When he notices her moving around behind him and sees her wearing a fake mustache, he interrupts her before she explains and says, "No one should have ta justify th' greatness of a mustache." When Harley spots the super pill, she asks him what it is and Lobo fails to notices as he explains her freeing herself before snatching the pill and swallowing it.
Harley escapes and survives her fall with her new durability, annoying Lobo who catches up with her and sucker punches her. Angered, Harley throws him into an oncoming truck, consuming him in an explosion on impact. In between, Harley steals his hog and heads for Green Arrow's Arrow Cave for help. Lobo catches up soon enough, enraged further by her stealing his bike.
Before he can react, Green Arrow shoots off two arrows while ranting about how the Arrow Cave is supposed to be a secret location. Lobo scoffs, "Arrow Cave? What a stupid-" before screaming as the arrows hit him in the eyes, blinding him. Black Canary then brings him to his knees with her canary cry, allowing Harley to rip his head off.
In-between, she reattaches his head and binds him down securely, with Lobo dreaming of fighting multiple versions of himself and being overwhelmed. When he awakens, he is horrified when Harley tells him, "It's time to talk about your feelings" and screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Harley manages to easily figure out that Superman emasculated him earlier and that he feels he no longer has power. Lobo insists he is "Plenty masculated" but when Harley points out that he's wasting time hunting her, he agrees, saying, "Crap. Yer right. Yer way beneath me." He then asks what he's supposed to do and when Harley tells him he needs to take his power back, Lobo grins and says, "I get it. Yer sayin' I need to frag somethin' worth fraggin'!"
Lobo then easily escapes his bonds and hops on his hob, telling Harley they're done before leaving.
Sometime later, he goes to Apokolips and challenges Darkseid to a battle by putting a lit cigar out on his head.
Role in Injustice
Lobo is featured in Doomsday's ending, with the monster seeking him out as a worthy opponent after terraforming Earth into prehistoric Krypton.
Powers and Abilities
Lobo possesses the following powers in Injustice: Gods Among Us according to his bio in the Archives:
- Superhuman Strength
- The Main Man
- Superhuman Sense of Smell
- Spin Cycle: Lobo grabs a jumping adversary by their legs, spins them and then throws them aside. The Meter Burn version adds a few extra spins.
- Pump Shot: Lobo pulls out his shotgun and fires it at his opponent. The Meter Burn version adds a second shot.
- Mid Pump Shot: Lobo fires a blast from his shotgun in his opponent's midsection. The Meter Burn version adds a second blast.
- Low Pump Shot: Lobo fires his shotgun at his opponent's feet. The Meter Burn version adds a second shot.
- Czarnian Toss: Lobo grabs his opponent by the legs and tosses them into the air. The Meter Burn version has Lobo jump up after them and deliver a doublefist slam on them.
- Space Hook: Lobo tosses out his chain and hook, snags his opponent and yanks them back while at the same time pulling out his shotgun and firing a round into his opponent's face, knocking them back. The Meter Burn version has Lobo catch them when they reach him and toss them headfirst into the ground.
- Low Space Hook: Lobo snags his opponent by the feet with his hook, yanks them over and stomps on their face. The Meter Burn version has him do a second stomp.
- Hook Charge: Lobo snags his opponent with his chain and yanks himself towards them, shoulder tackling them. The Meter Burn version does additional damage.
- Grab: Lobo lifts his opponent, spins them on his index finger and then pulls out his shotgun to fire a shot off at them, knocking them away.
Intro: Lobo drives in on his bike. He steps off and says "Time to liven' up the joint" before lighting up his cigar with a blowtorch.
Outro: Lobo approaches his defeated opponent, ashes his cigar on them, and tells him/her "They don't call me the Main Man for nothing." He then lays back on his bike and enjoys his cigar.
Nuclear Shells: Lobo will put nuclear shells to his shotgun, enhancing his attacks that makes use of it.
- Violent Jab
- Headhunter Hook
- Quick Cutter
- Shin Strike
- Mindless Violence
- Bad Boy
- Worthless Scum
- Lights Out
- Hired Gun
- Feetal's Gizz
- Skull Rider
- Game Over
- Spin Cycle
- Pump Shot
- Mid Pump Shot
- Low Pump Shot
- Czarnian Toss
- Space Hook
- Low Space Hook
- Hook Charge
The Main Man: Lobo grabs his chain then slams into his opponent, pulling them in if it connects, he then summons his bike and then proceeds to flip on it. He then runs into his opponent with his bike, sending them flying into air he then shoots the opponent with his shotgun. The opponent then lands in front of one of the exhaust pipes. Lobo then torches his opponents face with the exhausts pipes before giving out a "you suck!". He then shows his opponent the middle finger (which is censored) before laughing and driving off.
EndingThere was no shortage of vendettas during Superman's reign and no shortage of bounties for Lobo to collect. He became one of the richest men in the universe, assassinating those who ran a foul of the High Councilor. Lobo's already massive ego inflated along with his rising wealth. Lobo searched for an assignment worthy of his abilities. With so many super powered beings dead at his hand, however, bounties were scarce. Lobo decided to use his wealth to make his own ultimate contract: he would kill the denizens of New Genesis, home of the New Gods.
- "Time to liven' up the joint!" - Intro
- "They don't call me the Main Man for nothing" - Outro
- "You're welcome"
- "Your face okay?"
- "Who's the Main Man?"
- "Frag! Frag! Frag!"
- "Smile, dipstick." - After winning a round
- "Butthole." - After winning a round
- "You stink of stench" - Clash with any Character
- "Don't mess with The Main Man!" - Clash with any Character
- "You're about to be croaked, loser." - Clash with any Character
- "Gonna put your insides on the outside." - Clash with any Character
- "How about I stomp your face in for ya?" - Clash with any Character
- "I'm gonna kick you where you wipe." - Clash with any Character
- "So, what are you doin' after?" - Clash with any female Character
- "I'll kill you, BATstich!" - Clash with Batman
- "Let's go, Bat-guano!" - Clash with Batman
- "You've got my colon all riled up!" - Clash with Superman
- "Admit I'm the coolest." - Clash with Superman
- "I never move wrong." - Clash with Batman
- "Well I am quite the giver." - Clash with Batman
- "I simplify the maiming process." - Clash with Batman
- "That's the cure right here!" - Clash with Superman
- "That's only 'cause you know me!" - Clash with Superman
- "I want a "I killed Supes" t-shirt." - Clash with Superman
Lobo wears a dark blue leather jacket with two sets of three spikes emerging from the shoulders, and the words 'Bite me fanboy' on the back. He is shirtless, with a bandolier wrapped across his bare chest. He wears a spiked dark-blue gauntlet on his left arm while his right forearm has a chain wrapped around it. Dark-blue chaps cover his black leather pants, and he wears a belt with a skull-shaped buckle lined with grenades and ammo pouches, as well as a holster for his pistol. His boots are metallic greaves with three spikes emerging out the sides and skulls on the knees. (Player 2: Every blue color is replaced with black.)
- It is rumoured that his pet, a white bulldog with the name Dawg, was considered to appear in the DLC, however he does not appear in the game.
- Lobo is the first DLC Character in the game.
- Lobo was originally teased by Ed Boon as a playable character from his Twitter account. A picture of one of Lobo's comics was uploaded with the text saying, "Hmmm... This guy?"
- Lobo is voiced by David Sobolov, who voices the character in Young Justice.
- Lobo, Scorpion, Batgirl, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna are currently the only characters that do not possess an alternate costume.
- Lobo was revealed to be in the season pass along with Zod, Batgirl, and Scorpion through data stored in the game's code.
- Lobo is the first DLC character along with Red Son DLC to be playable on the IOS version of the game.
- Lobo is the first character to physically curse. He sticks up the "finger" while doing his super move, "The Main Man."
- He is one of the three characters whose trait move affects only a certain type of attack; for him, his shotgun is affected. The other characters are Shazam (whose punch attacks are powered up) and Deathstroke (whose bullets become unblockable).