On October 7 2013, it was announced that on November 12 2013, a "Ultimate Edition" of Injustice: Gods Among Us will be released. It will be available for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360 and PC, it will not be available for the Wii U or Xbox One (or at least as of now). It includes all 6 DLC Characters, all DLC skins, and all DLC S.T.A.R. Labs Missions for Free. Players will also gain access to the alternate costumes (that isn't DLC) that was already in the standard edition right off the bat. The PS3, PS4, PSVITA and X360 versions will cost $59.99 on release, the PC version will cost $49.99 on release and the Vita version will cost $39.99 on release.
Backstory and setting
Injustice: Gods Among Us is set in an alternate reality. The Joker has hoaxed Superman into killing Lois Lane and the couple's unborn son, all the while destroying Metropolis. Overcome with grief and anger, Superman takes revenge against the Joker; killing him in cold blood in front of Batman. While he has confronted his tormentor, Superman still cannot overcome the guilt of what the Joker made him do. Quickly, he takes control of various nations across the planet and establishes a new world order as the High Councillor to achieve world "peace". The heroes of the earth are confronted with a choice; join Superman's Regime or ally with Batman's Insurgency. A war ensues between the forces, one which will threaten the very survival of mankind.
Injustice: Gods Among Us was first announced on May 31, 2012, shortly before the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Developer Ed Boon revealed plans to offer depth and promised a rich amount of single-player content and layered features for tournament players. Similar to Boon's previous DC-related title, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, there are restrictions on how violent the game can be, though Boon states he is planning to push the T rating, replacing violence with "crazy, over-the-top action." 
Injustice features a launch roster of twenty-four characters from the DC Comics universe, spanning from iconic characters like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, to lesser-known characters such as Solomon Grundy.
The game contains twenty-four main playable characters, while there will be at least 6 DLC characters. The DLC characters were revealed to be Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, Zod, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna. There are also four additional characters, bringing the total to thirty-four playable characters, the other two are only playable in certain missions.
The following characters are currently playable in the game so far:
- For Catwoman, Isis appears as a playable character in one of her missions
- For Raven, Trigon possessing Raven appears in one of her missions.
- For Joker, the Atom appears as a playable character in one of his missions.
- For Nightwing, Damian Wayne appears as an alternate costume.
- For Green Lantern, John Stewart appears as an alternate costume.
According to the Season Pass, at least six characters will be released as DLC. Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion, Zod, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna have been confirmed as the first 6 DLC characters, while the rest have not been officially confirmed yet.
Below is a list of non-playable characters confirmed for the game:
- The Riddler
- Killer Croc
- Tomar Re
- Abin Sur
- John Stewart
- Guy Gardner
- Atom Smasher
- Gorilla Grodd
- Katma Tui
- Hugo Strange
- The Atom
- Mister Terrific
- Red Arrow
The Flash Elseworld's Finest - Unlocked by getting 3 stars on all S.T.A.R lab missions
The Flash New 52 - Unlocked by linking a WBID account to the game
Green Lantern Yellow Lantern - Unlocked by competing in and winning an online ranked match.
Lex Luthor Kryptonite Suit - Unlocked by getting at least 1 star in every S.T.A.R. mission
Nightwing New 52 - Unlocked by reaching Level 30
Shazam New 52 - Unlocked by beating all of Shazam's S.T.A.R. Labs missions, at least 1 star
Solomon Grundy Boss Grundy - Unlocked by completing Classic Battle with any carácter
Superman Godfall - Unlocked by completing the Story
Injustice: Gods Among Us had featured 15 stages.
The List below is all the Stages:
Like Mortal Kombat, Injustice: Gods Among Us is a 2D fighting game featuring numerous DC characters. Characters will be organized according to skill features: Power Users and Gadget Users. Each type can interact with their environments differently. All characters will have several unique abilities and special moves. The game will feature a single-player component in addition to multiplayer and tournament features.
The game also features the light, medium, and heavy attack array traditional to fighting games. These attacks can trigger various move sets, can chain together to form combos, and will gradually fill up the player's Super Meter. Characters will also have "Character Trait" buttons that activate unique fighting styles and abilities.
While modeled somewhat on Mortal Kombat, Injustice features a new blocking system more akin to Street Fighter and a new "Wager" system. During a combo, the defending player can activate it by pressing forward and (X for PS3)(A for Xbox 360) (ZR for Wii U). At this point, both players place a hidden bet using a portion of their super meters. The highest bidder wins the clash, either rewarding health or finishing off the devastating combo. The Wager immediately ends the combo and triggers unique character dialogue before initiating combat again.
Game Stages will feature destructible environments and character costumes will deteriorate over the course of the battle. Also in the style of Mortal Kombat, the characters will recieve notable battle damage, such as exposed muscle, although it will not reach the extremities of the aformentioned series. Some Stages will feature objects that players can use. The Batmobile, for example, can fire rockets at players in the Batcave location.
- Lobo: A Power user who can use his chains for long ranged attacks. He uses a variety of chain and shot gun based attacks. His official release date was May 7th, 2013 and he costs $4.99 (Free if you have the Season Pass).
- Batgirl: A Gadget user who has a variety of gadget based attacks. Her official release date was May 27th, 2013 and costs $4.99 (Free if you have the Season Pass).
- Scorpion: A Gagdet user who uses a variety of Pyro-based attacks. His official release date was June 11th, 2013 and he costs $4.99 (Free if you have the Season Pass).
- Zod: A Power user who can use laser eyes, Kryptonian weapons, and Phantom Zone based attacks. His official release date was July 2nd, 2013 and he costs $4.99 (Free if you have the Season Pass).
- Martian Manhunter: A Power user who uses laser eyes, telekinesis, and shapeshifting based attacks. His official release date was July 30th, 2013 and he costs $4.99.
- Zatanna: A Gadget user who uses magic. Her official release was August 13th, 2013 and she costs $4.99.
- Red Son Pack 1: This pack comes with a costume for Superman, Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy from the Red Son comics plus 20 Challenges based on the Red Son storyline. Get this by Pre-Ordering the game from GameStop. Red Son pack is also available on the IOS version of the game.
- Arkham City Pack: This pack comes with a costume for Catwoman, Batman and The Joker from Batman: Arkham City. Get this by buying the game from Wal-Mart.
- The "New 52" Costume Pack: This pack comes with a costume for Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman from the New 52 Comic Series. Get this by Buying the Collector's Edition or Battle Edition.
- Blackest Night Pack: This pack includes alternate skins from the coveted Blackest Night comic book story. The pack also includes a zombie mode, where every character is turned into the undead. Get this by pre-ordering the game at Amazon.de or Best Buy.
- Arrow Costume: Play as Green Arrow from the Arrow TV Show! Get this by being one of the first 5000 to vote for any Super Battle or by signing up for Injustice updates via email. To celebrate the second season of the Arrow TV Show this skin was released for free since October 7.
- Season Pass: The Season Pass will be available when the game is released and will have Flashpoint Costumes of Wonder Woman, Deathstroke, and Aquaman. It will also come with 4 DLC characters. The DLC characters are Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion and Zod.
- Bad Girls Pack: This pack includes alternative skins of Wonderwoman, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn. Wonder Woman skin is her appearance from her #600 issue, Catwoman skin is her Selina Kyle outfit as her costume but with no mask, and Harley Quinn skin is her classic jester appearance.
- The Killing Joke Pack: This pack includes alternate skins from The Killing Joke comic book story and comes with 3 skins of the Joker.
- Teen Titans Pack: This pack comes with 3 skins of Raven, Deathstroke, and Cyborg based on their classic Teen Titans appearance.
- Red Son Pack 2: This pack includes 3 skins of Batman, Deathstroke and Green Lantern based on their Red Son appearance.
- Blackest Night Pack 1: This pack includes 3 skins of The Flash, Superman and Doomsday based on their Blackest Night appearance.
- Blackest Night Pack 2: This pack includes 3 skins of Batman, Aquaman and Hawkgirl based on their Blackest Night appearance.
- Earth 2 Pack: This pack includes 3 skins of The Flash, Hawkgirl and Solomon Grundy based on their Earth 2 appearance.
- Man of Steel Superman Skin: Superman's appearance in the 2013 Man of Steel movie.
- Batman's Flashpoint Skin: Batman's appearance in the Flashpoint comic book story. This is a free skin with the compatibility pack update that can be bought when purchasing Lobo.
- Bane's Luchador Skin: Bane's appearance when he was in Peña Dura. This is a free compatibility pack update that can be bought when purchasing Batgirl.
- Doomsday's Containment Suit Skin: Doomsday's appearance. This is a free skin with the compatibility pack update that can be bought when purchasing Scorpion.
- Ares's Classic Skin: Ares's appearance when he made his debut. This is a free skin with the compatibility pack update that can be bought when purchasing Zod.
- John Stewart's Green Lantern Skin: John Stewart's appearance as the Green Lantern. This is a free skin with the compatibility pack that can be bought when purchasing Martian Manhunter.
- Cyborg Superman's Skin: The evil cyborg version of Superman known as Hank Henshaw introduced in the Adventures of Superman #466 in 1990. This is a free skin with the compatibility pack that can be bought when purchasing Zatanna.
- Ame-Comi Pack: Catwoman's, Wonder Woman's, and Harley Quinn's appearance in Ame-Comi.
- Lockdown Pack: This pack contains Superman's Prison skin, Batman Beyond skin, Arkham Harley skin, Knightfall Bane skin and New 52 Green Lantern skin. (Exclusive to Wii U.)
- Zod´s Man of Steel Skin: Zod's based on their appearance in the 2013 Man of Steel movie.This is a free skin with the game play patch.
Injustice: Gods Among Us' companion mobile app with a single-player fighting game component was released on iTunes on March 29th. It is a free-to-play game that allows users to make in-app purchases. As characters progress and unlock content in either the full game or the mobile game, they will also unlock content for the other, rewarding players who play both components. Players can earn rewards on the mobile version by syncing with the console version and vice-versa by logging in to a WBID.
As part of the game's marketing campaign, DC Comics released the comics digitally on a weekly schedule beginning on January 15, 2013. The titles served as a prequel to Injustice, detailing the various events leading up until the game. The series is written by Tom Taylor and illustrated by Jheremy Raapack.
The first issue of the Injustice comic is available in the Collector's Edition bundle.
- Stephen Amell - Green Arrow (Arrow version)
- Troy Baker - Nightwing, Sinestro, Atlantean Soldier
- Adam Baldwin - Green Lantern, Lex Luthor's Exo-Suit
- Kimberly Brooks - Batgirl
- Amy Carle - Announcer
- Lacey Chabert - Zatanna
- Kevin Conroy - Batman
- Grey DeLisle - Catwoman, Green Lantern's Ring
- Debra Doetzer - Endings Narrator
- Susan Eisenberg - Wonder Woman, Radio Host #1
- Richard Epcar - Joker, Radio Host #2
- Jennifer Hale - Hawkgirl, Killer Frost
- J.G. Hertzler - Ares, Deathstroke
- Phil LaMarr - Aquaman, Arkham Asylum Guard, John Stewart
- Carl Lumbly - Martian Manhunter
- Neal McDonough - Flash, Nightwing (One-Earth Regime version), Regime Soldier #2
- Joey Naber - Shazam, Black Adam, Reporter
- George Newbern - Superman
- Nolan North - Zod
- Khary Payton - Cyborg, Doomsday, Regime Soldier #1
- Mark Rolston - Lex Luthor
- Patrick Seitz - Scorpion
- David Sobolov - Lobo
- Tara Strong - Harley Quinn, Raven
- Fred Tatasciore - Bane, Solomon Grundy
- Alan Tudyk - Green Arrow, Atlantean Librarian
- Kris Zimmerman - Voice Director
- ↑ Warner Bros. announces Injustice: Gods Among Us, a new DC fighting game from NetherRealm - Joystiq
- ↑ DC Comics fighter Injustice set for 2013 - Gamespot
- ↑ We’re Getting a DC Fighting Game From the Makers of Mortal Kombat - Kotaku
- ↑ In Injustice, Where Superman is Standing Matters a Lot. Really. - Kotaku
- ↑ Batman Can’t Be Decapitated in Injustice, Because There Are Limits - Kotaku
- ↑ Injustice: Gods Among Us - Interview w/ Ed Boon - Gamespot