"This thing ain't loaded with squeaky bullets!"
Harleen Quinzel was a criminal psychiatrist, who was seduced by her patient: the Joker. She abandoned her career and became Harley Quinn, the Joker's ditzy sidekick. Quinn is willing to do anything to please her "Puddin," even murder.
After the Joker’s murder by Superman, Harley started the Joker Clan, who worship him as a martyr. She and the Joker clan carried out acts that distracted and annoyed the One Earth regime, earning the trust of the Insurgency.
With Joker ailing as a result of Titan poisoning, Harley has taken over many of the leadership duties of the Joker gang. More vicious than ever, Harley will do anything to save her Mr. J.
Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatrist who fell in love with her patient: the Joker. Intoxicated by him, she adopted the Harley Quinn persona and helps in his criminal pursuits. Her and Joker's relationship is extremely dysfunctional and abusive.
In the Ame-Comi Universe, Harley is very much the same crazed villain. However, in the place of the Joker, Duela Dent sway over Harley.
Quinn is first seen in disguise on the docks with Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen watching her, unaware it is a trap until the Joker murders Jimmy with a gunshot to the head. Harley sheds her disguise alongside the Joker as they kidnap Lois. Harley is not seen again until the Justice League learns that she and the Joker have hijacked a nuclear submarine. When Superman enters the sub, he sees Harley and the Joker in scrubs looming over an unconscious Lois.
When the Joker gasses Superman with kryptonite laced fear toxin stolen from the Scarecrow, Harley joins the Clown Prince of Crime in mocking a reeling Superman. Superman flies off to battle a suddenly appeared Doomsday, murmuring about Superman. Afterward, Joker informs Harley it is time to leave. Though Harley is rather reluctant to leave the sub after she has named it 'Gunther'. Joker reminds her that the heroes "will hit us over and over again," and she relents.
After that she cheerfully bids "Gunther" goodbye, but it is too late and the two are subdued by a projected hand from Green Lantern's ring. Harley remains silent as Batman and the rest of the League realize exactly what she and the Joker have done, save for a single comment about the submarine's name, and gleefully hugs the Joker as Metropolis is destroyed and millions die in an instant.
Harley is in a police car when she learns of the Joker's death at Superman's hand. She dejectedly murders the two officers in the car and escapes in the vehicle to one of her and the Joker's hideouts, mourning the death of her puddin', and seeing no more joy in the world. After crashing the vehicle, she enters the hideout, a closed novelty joke toy maker and suits up in her costume. Green Arrow suddenly arrives, an arrow notched in his bow, but Quinn injures him with a grenade. Harley approaches Arrow with a massive mallet, apologizing for how it has to end and compliments his beard.
She strikes him with the mallet but it turns out to be a squeaky hammer. She pulls out a gun but her shot is deflected by Green Arrow shooting an arrow into the gun's barrel, which Harley finds amazing. Arrow quickly captures her with a trick net arrow, to which Harley responds, "You suck."
Arrow drags Harley into his Arrowmobile and when Harley asks him if he's taking her to Superman, Arrow denies this and explains he's taking her somewhere safe from Superman, though he makes it clear that he's only doing this so Superman won't make another mistake by murdering her. Harley annoys Arrow throughout the ride, prompting him to trick her into unconsciousness by giving her a trick arrow that releases knock-out gas in her face. Once more, Harley manages to slur before passing out a "You suck."
When Quinn comes to, Arrow reveals he's brought her to his Arrowcave, chained her to a pole and assures her that Superman will not be able to find her due to the lead lining the walls of the cave. Harley reminisces about the Joker who used to knock her out and handcuff her "Every Thursday," and goes on to mock the name of Green Arrow's hideout, suggesting he call it 'The Quiver' instead. Green Arrow begrudgingly admits that it's a better name.
Arrow tells her he has to leave and advises her not to try an escape with a 'fake hand'. Harley reveals she has a fake moustache instead of a fake hand, tearfully revealing the hand was the Joker's gag. Harley then ask Arrow, "Have you ever loved someone you knew was wrong for you? Someone who would hurt you over and over again and hurt those around you but you could forgive them because losing them would hurt even more?"
Arrow is shocked by her words, stunned he is able to relate to them. Harley goes on to admit that she knew the Joker was a "Bad Guy," with Arrow interjecting he was a "Genocidal Psychopath," but he was Harley's. Before Arrow leaves, Quinn asks from him for a "Little maniacal laughter?" At first Arrow refuses, but after seeing Harley put on her fake moustache he bursts into a fit, and Quinn thanks him.
Some time much later, Harley Quinn is being escorted in handcuffs by Green Arrow to Arkham Asylum. Harley is hesitant in Arrow bringign her here, arguing that the fire she started in the Arrow Cave was only a 'little' one. Arrow counters that it was actually an uncontrollable blaze. Harley further mocks his hideout's name and calls him a 'really crappy Robin Hood' by suggesting he robs from the rich to pay for himself.
Once inside the Asylum, Arrow assures her she will be safe there. When the orderly Kenneth spots Arrow and reveals the Justice League and Batman's presence, he quickly races off to prevent the inevitable confrontation between them, leaving Harley with Kenneth. Upon seeing the Man of Steel, Harley whispers his name before greeting Kenneth pleasently. When Kenneth asks about her fake moustache, she reveals it is actually a lockpick while asking him "How many times have I broken your nose?" When he responds "Three times" she apologizes before knocking him out with an unseen punch to his nose.
Harley quickly heads to the security controls and monitors, looking for a certain inmate. When she finds him, she promises to free him, asking in return that he "Destroy the joint."
As Green Arrow prevents a brawl between Batman and Cyborg, Harley announces her presence over the speakers before freeing all the inmates, saying, "Superman took away Mistah J. and now it looks like he wants to take us all away." She says she's giving them a chance to defend themselves along with some backup, in the form of the monstrous Solomon Grundy.
Harley cheers the inmates on as they attack the heroes, but tells them over the intercom, "Don't touch the green guy with the cute beard. I have a little crush on him, it's probably stockholm syndrome but I'll take what I can get." Though not seen or heard for the remainder of the chapter, she, like many other superheroes and the inmates, are openly shocked by Nightwing's sudden death, Harley herself crying at the sight of his body being carried out by Batman.
Harley has a small cameo in Chapter Twenty-Two, watching Superman's press conference in Paris from a TV, angrily glaring at the Man of Steel.
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Harley Quinn first appears alongside the Joker, helping prepare the nuke given to him by Lex Luthor with which he would destroy Metropolis. As they take the bomb off standby, Batman appears before them, teleported from the Watchtower. The Joker orders Harley to wait in their van, slapping her in the face when she protests.
Insurgency Harley Quinn, now going by the name Harleen, later confronts the Joker in Gotham City, believing him to be an imposter, as 'her' Joker was killed by Superman after destroying Metropolis. After a fight between the two, Harleen realizes from the Joker's fighting style that he is the real Joker and is overjoyed to see him.
Harleen takes the Joker to the abandoned Arkham Asylum, hideout of the Joker Clan, a criminal force assembled in the Joker's memory. The Joker is quick to assume control of the Clan, using one of the durability enhancing pills given by Superman to his flunkies on himself. Shortly after this, Regime soldiers lead by Hawkgirl and Nightwing break into the hideout and attack the Clan. As the Joker fights off Hawkgirl and Nightwing, Harleen sends an S.O.S. to Insurgency Batman via a communcation device given to her by the Insurgency. The Insurgency forces soon arrive and drive back the Regime. Batman orders Harleen and her men to lay low for the time being and takes the Joker into custody, believing him to be too dangerous to be let loose.
When the Insurgency begins their bid to save the displaced Batman from being executed, Harleen receives orders from the Insurgency Batman to have the Joker Clan occupy as much law-enforcement as they can while they infiltrate Stryker's Island. Harleen complies, but goes against Insurgency Batman's orders and releases the Joker from his cell, although fears that Batman may be angry with her for doing it
Harleen and the Joker hijack a Regime vehicle and confront the Insurgency Lex Luthor in Metropolis as he heads to aid the Insurgency against the Regime. The Joker orders Harleen to take down Luthor and take his suit, but she ultimately fails. Fed up with Harleen, the Joker fires her and tries to kill her. However, Luthor intervenes and takes down the Joker in a fight. Enraged by his betrayal, Harleen prepares to kill the Joker with his own knife, but is ultimately convinced by Luthor to let him go, saying she's outgrown him.
In the epilogue, Harleen is shown escorting the Joker at gunpoint to the portal back to his dimension.
Powers and Abilities
Harley Quinn possesses the following abilities in Injustice: Gods Among Us according to her bio in the Archives:
- Disarming, unpredictable fighter
- Far more intelligent than she lets on
- Superb agility and strength
- Immune to most poisons
- Talented Gymnast
INTRO: Harley is seen playing her own version of Hopscotch, ending by stepping on a blue face drawn on the last square that resembles Batman. She then blows a raspberry at her opponent and pulls out her gun.
OUTRO: Harley tosses her guns before she kicks her opponent to the side. She then says "Lighten up will ya?!" before striking a pose towards the camera in triumph.
Bag O' Tricks: Harley Quinn's character trait is the ability to pull out a random item, which can be used to help her in a fight.
The items that can be pulled out and their abilities include:
- Picture of The Joker - Harley kisses the picture, temporarily giving her a strength boost.
- Time Bomb - Harley tosses the bomb, causing damage to her opponent.
- Poison Ivy Plant - Harley sniffs the plant, returning some of her health.
- Revolver Slap [ L ]
- Revolver Slam [ M ]
- Spot Kick - [ H ]
- Gun Smack - [ ← + L ]
- Take Aim - [ ← + M ]
- Harley Swing - [ ← + H ] / ( Hold to charge or [ ← ← + MB ] to Bounce Cancel )
- Ear Bash - [ → + L ]
- Overhead Bash - [ → + M ]
- Hammer Slam - [ → + H ] / ( Hold to charge or [ → → + MB ] to Bounce Cancel )
- Revolver Poke - [ ↓ + L ]
- Spinning Pistols - [ ↓ + M ]
- Single Shot - [ ↓ + H ]
- Side Kick - [ L ]
- Double Kick - [ M ]
- Double Stomp - [ H ]
- Forward / Reverse Throw - [ ← / → L + H ]
- Naughty-Naughty - [ L , L ]
- I Hope It Hurts - [ L , L , M ]
- Girl's Best Friend - [ L , M ]
- Rude Joke - L , M , H ]
- Irresistable - [ ← + L , M ]
- Lets Play - [ ← + L , M , L ]
- For Mistah J. - [ → + L , H ]
- Miss Me - [ M , ← + H ]
- Hi Puddin - [ M , ↓ + H ]
- Pleased To Meetcha - [ M , ↑ + H ]
- He Loves Me - [ ← + M , M ]
- That's Cute - [ → + M , H ]
- Lollipops - [ H , H ]
- Pop Pop - [ ↓ , ← , M ]
- Line of Fire - [ ↓ , → , L ]
- Head's Up - [ ↓ , ← , L ]
- Oopsy Daisy (Air) - [ ↓ , ← , L ]
- Cupcake Bomb - [ ← , → , M ]
- Play Doctor - [ ↓ , ← , → , L ]
- Silly Slide - [ ← , → , H ]
- Tantrum Stance - [ ↓ , ← , H ]
- Forward Cartwheel - [ L ] ( During Tantrum Stance )
- Handstand - [ M ] ( During Tantrum Stance )
- Bullet Frenzy - [ H ] ( During Tantrum Stance )
- Somersault - [ ← or → ] ( During Tantrum Stance )
Mallet Bomb: Harley pummels her opponent with a mallet knocking him/her back before she runs and slides, placing an exploding pie underneath the opponent. This super move can then be followed up with a combo.
EndingThe defeat of Superman filled Harley with confidence. She knew what she was capable of, and knew what she wanted. She traveled to the visitors' Earth and freed the Joker from prison. Returning to her world, they married in a ceremony that set Gotham ablaze. At the reception, the cake cutting ceremony took a gruesome turn. As her new husband playfully mashed her face into the cake, years of abuse took its toll. Something in Harley snapped. She used the ceremonial knife to slash Joker's throat. Still in her wedding gown, Harley now resides permanently in Arkham Asylum.
- "I don't know what I ever saw in that man. When he was gone, I became the woman I was destined to be...a hero!"
- "I don't know who this Joker is. But if he thinks things are going back to the way they were...the jokes on him!"
- "Got a boo-boo!?"
- "This'll be a blast!"
- "Love ya!"
- "Here's one for ya!"
- "Hiya doll." - During Throw
- "Take a catnap!" - During a throw with Catwoman
- "Meow." - During a throw with Catwoman
- "My Puddin'!" - During a throw with The Joker
- "Laugh THIS off!" - During a throw with The Joker
- "Sorry, Mistah J!" - During a throw with The Joker
- "Batman wanna be!" - During a throw with Nightwing
- "Tryin' to make me laugh?" - Clash with any Character
- "Am I too much for ya?" - Clash with any Character
- "Pucker up, snuckums." - Clash with any Character
- "Batter up!" - Clash with any Character
- "Here ya go, sweetie." - Clash with any Character
- "Gotta smash, fly boy!" - Clash with any Character who can fly
- "Some hero. Hitting a lady?" - Clash with Batman
- "You're scary when you're mad." - Clash with Batman
- "Let's dance Bats." - Clash with Batman
- "I like a good cat-fight." - Clash with Catwoman
- "Girls' Night Out." - Clash with Catwoman
- "I thought you loved me!" - Clash with The Joker
- "Puddin', how could you?" - Clash with The Joker
- "I've had it with your abuse!" - Clash withThe Joker
- "Lets get crazy!" - Clash with Nightwing
- "You fight like my grandma!" - Clash with Nightwing
- "And miss all the fun?" - Clash with Batman
- "Blahblahblah!" - Clash with Batman
- "Don't get your tights in a bunch!" - Clash with Batman
- "You bat-types are no fun!" - Clash with Batman
- "And you and Bats?" - Clash with Catwoman
- "Don't knock it 'till you've tried it!" - Clash with Catwoman
- "Says the girl in the kitty suit!" - Clash with Catwoman
- "With pleasure hun!" - Clash with The Joker
- "Hit the clown, win a prize!" - Clash with The Joker
- "May the clown kiss the bride!" - Clash with The Joker
- "Thanks I guess." - Clash with The Joker
- "Charmed, I'm sure." - Clash with Nightwing
- "Of your face!" - Clash with Nightwing
Harley Quinn wears a blue and red modified boyfriend cardigan with a diamond pattern at the bottom held together by brown straps. She has a domino mask and a necklace with a joker card. She also has brown straps wrapped around her right arm and gloves that go up to a little under her elbow. She wears blue briefs and blue and red leggings with a diamond pattern on them. She has shin-high black boots. Her hair is in pigtails and is two toned (red/black) with the black half taking on a green tint due to the mixture of the dye color with her naturally blonde hair. (Player 2: Red is replaced with a dark pink and her boots are black)
Harley Quinn wears a red and black jacket that exposes her torso and underarms. She wears a white shirt with a smiley face on it, black and red padding on her arms, fingerless gloves, and a choker necklace. She has a small brown belt and red and black leather pants with black boots. Her hair is in pigtails and is blonde. (Player 2: Instead of the red its orange even her hair is orange)
Harley's appearance in Batman: Arkham City. (Player 2: Instead of black it's purple) (Unlocked by buying any Joker character card in the IOS app which costs 48,000 coins or 148,000 for Insurgency Joker's card or in the Lockdown Pack for the Wii-U, for $2.99)
Harley's classic, black and red jester outfit (Player 2: Instead of black it's purple, and instead of red it's pink/magenta) (Bad Girls Skin Pack)
Her costume from the Ame-Comi collection (Ame-Comi Skin Pack)
- Tara Strong previously voiced Harley Quinn in Batman: Arkham City.
- She was the first DC character planned as downloadable content for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, along with Quan Chi. Both Harley and Quan Chi was eventually scrapped due to financial issues.
- Harley's Insurgency costume seems to be based off her concept art for Arkham City.
- On the Main Menu, when Harley is fighting Wonder Woman, she is wearing a necklace with a skulled jester. However, her character model is wearing a necklace with a joker card.
- Harley Quinn was originally created for Batman: The Animated Series and was later adapted into DC Comics Batman's comic books.
- According to concept art Harley's pet hyenas Bud and Lou were considered to be in the game and maybe even a part of her gameplay but they never appeared in the final design of Harley and her move set. They appear as an unlockable icon for completing all of Harley Quinn's S.T.A.R Labs missions.
- Harley Quinn's tattoo on her right arm in Batman: Arkham City does not appear on the Injustice: Gods Among Us version of Harley Quinn's Arkham City skin.
- Harley Quinn is, comic debut-wise, the youngest character in the game, having made her debut in September of 1993.
- Harley Quinn is the only Insurgency member not playable in Story Mode.