Batgirl as she appears in Injustice: Gods Among Us
126 lbs (57 kg)
Detective Comics #359 (January, 1967)
"I'm a real pain in the ass, huh?"
Batgirl is the second DLC Character in Injustice: Gods Among Us. She is a Gadget User. She can be purchased for the price of $4.99 (or for free if you have the Season Pass, or bought the Ultimate Edition of Injustice). She was released for purchase on May 21st.
After saving herself and a GCPD officer from the criminal Harry X, Barbara Gordon became Batgirl. Three years after being shot by the Joker, Barbara has recovered physically, but is psychologically troubled.
At the end of the first chapter of Year Two, Black Canary is revealed to be in contact with Oracle, Barbra's original alias in the Injustice universe.
Powers & Abilities
Batgirl possesses the following abilities in Injustice: Gods Among Us according to her bio in the Archives:
- Expert in Weapons
- Martial Arts Mastery
- Genius-level intellect
- Technology master
INTRO: Batgirl swings into the area with her Batclaws, then lands and says "You don't stand a chance!"
OUTRO: Batgirl says "Didn't stand a chance," before firing her Batclaw into the sky. She is then seen standing on top of a building in Gotham, looking over the city.
Gotham Gauntlets: This enables Batgirl to switch her batclaws per situation.
- The Punch Blades inflict additional damage on all normal and special attacks landed with Batgirl's fists.
- The Electrified Knuckles inflict additional damage on blocking opponents with any attack landed with Batgirl's fists.
- Oracle Jab
- Chest Breaker
- Spin Kick
- Oracle's Visions
- Miss Gordon
- All Star
- No Man's Land
- Secret Identity
- Funny Origin
- Gotham Knight-ess
- Red Handed
- Ballad Of Babs
- Dressed To Thrill
- The Killing Joke
- Pretty In Black
- Dark Secrets
- Mentor's Method
- No Joke
- The Hard Way
- Smoke Bomb
- Air Smoke Bomb
- Flying Bat
- Bab's Bola
High-Wire Act: Batgirl attaches her Batclaw to her opponent, pinning him/her in place. She then jumps on his/her back, firing her Batclaw into the sky, lifting both her and her opponent into the air. Finally, she lets go, sending him/her falling back to the ground, before slamming down onto his/her back with her heel blades, breaking her fall.
Not all heroes were destroyed by Superman; some were actually created by him. A technology wizard, Barbara Gordon had eluded detection by One Earth intelligence, feeding information to the insurgency under the code name "Oracle". But after the regime's murder of her father, Gotham Police Commissioner James Gordon, Barbara channeled her anger into a new alter-ego. Sensing the right opportunity to strike, she attacked Superman directly. By defeating the High Councilor, she had announced "Batgirl" to the world in an impressive fashion.
- "You don't stand a chance!" - Intro
- "Didn't stand a chance!" - Outro
- "So you like being kicked in the head."
- "I'm a real pain in the ass, huh?"
- "Who could do that better?" - Occasionally after performing a Grab on any Character
- "*sigh* So bored.." - Occasionally after performing a Grab on Nightwing
- "I know right?" - Occasionally after performing a Grab on Nightwing
- " That hurt darling?" - Occasionally after performing a Grab on Nightwing
- "This is already over." - Clash with any Character
- "Let's finish this!" - Clash with any Character
- "This is usually the part where I quip." - Clash with any Character
- "A girl's gonna kick your butt!" - Clash with Male characters
- "Should I be taking notes?" - Clash with Batman
- "Admit I'm a great student." - Clash with Batman
- "It's on now, kitty cat!" - Clash with Catwoman
- "I thought you were on our side!" - Clash with Catwoman
- "Gonna send you to hell!" - Clash with The Joker
- "Do your worst, Joker!" - Clash with The Joker
- "You always this slow?" - Clash with Nightwing
- "Look alive, Richard." - Clash with Nightwing
- "This is protection?!" - Clash with Batman
- "You're about to get more than enough!" - Clash with Batman
- "Think you're wearing 'em" - Clash with Catwoman
- "What? Ew!" - Clash with Catwoman
- "I play rough!" - Clash with The Joker
- "I won't, nobody will." - Clash with The Joker
- "Watch this, babe." - While fighting Nightwing
- "Whatever, Night-stick." - Clash with Nightwing
- "You're still black and blue." - Clash with Nightwing
Barbara wears a purple bodysuit with several armored pads mainly on her legs, knees and chest, several straps visible that hold them in place. Her belt bears a yellow bat symbol and the larger one on her chest connects to the yellow shoulder guards along with her short purple cape. She wears gauntlets over her gloves and her cowl covers her face while leaving her long red hair exposed.
- Batgirl was revealed to be in the season pass along with Lobo, Zod and Scorpion through data stored in the game's code.
- Although technically this is Kimberly Brooks's first time voicing Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), she previously portrayed Oracle (Barbara's alternate persona while in a wheelchair) in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.
- Though Barbara Gordon is Batgirl in the console version of the game, she appears as Oracle in the IOS version as a support card for Batman.
- Batgirl sometimes refers to Nightwing (Dick Grayson) as "babe" while fighting him, a reference to their former romantic relationship in the comics.
- Batgirl's super move is the only one in the game that has to be activated while airborne, though she is second character after Solomon Grundy to be able to hit her opponent while airborne.
- Batgirl, Harley Quinn and Catwoman are three out of the 4 main characters within the web series Gotham Girls to appear on-screen in Injustice: Gods Among Us. Poison Ivy would be the 4th but she only appears as a support card.
- Batgirl is the first DLC character to appear in the IOS app, followed by Zod.